Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Brief Testimony

I'm sorry this has been a bit late. If you follow my other blogs you know this past week has been nothing short of CRAZY, which is why I decided to make this particular post.

Typically I'd post about institutional issues in churches and faith organizations, or doxis, or praxis, or something related to belief systems. In short, normally I write about BIG things here.

But this is a small thing.

Well, not to me. It's not a small thing to anyone who experiences similar situations. It's actually the biggest and most important thing in the world. It just happens to affect only a few people....superficially anyway.

I mean about my personal faith. I am speaking, of course, of the overwhelming response I received after blogging about my husband losing his job on another of my blogs. In fact, it was so big, I actually had strangers from pregnancy forums offering to buy us baby gear. And then of course, there were other things that were happening. My readership jumped on my blogs - in a fairly big way. Then people were asking me what they could do, so I told them they could look for jobs for my husband (or at least keep an eye out) and buy and rate/review my latest book. Well, we had several jobs come at us from this. A few people bought my book (not anything huge, but still - more than before).

Then yesterday Christian had an interview, and got leads on other jobs (and for other news on this you'll have to visit Raising An Alien). My mother confided something to me which surprised me greatly - something that coincided with a personal goal I'd made months ago and largely forgotten.

These things are not coincidence.

I share this with you because in one of our darkest hours, we were bathed in light. We were not forsaken. Love, care, and compassion came at us from even the most unexpected places in small, and sometimes huge ways. While our journey is far from over, and the obstacles are not completely overcome, I know everything will not only be alright, but amazing - fantastic - awe-inspiring. The reason I know this is because I do not believe we could have experienced all this but through the grace of God. I have had many difficult experiences, however this one was the most frightening (initially) because of the baby. And I didn't have to worry. Everything was taken care of, and in more wondrous ways than I could imagine.

And honestly, I'm pretty excited to see what's in store. I have a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment